Data-Tech has partnered with Dell SonicWALL—the leader in advanced network security, secure remote access and data protection—to offer our customers the very best available security on the market in the form of Firewall-as-a-Service.
What does “As-a-Service” mean? Experts say this is the future of IT. Moreover, this model allows business organizations to pay for vital information technology WITHOUT the large up-front costs of the past. Learn all about the as-a-Service model here.
The Future of IT Security
FWaaS opens the door for businesses of any size to incorporate a world class security solution with NO upfront purchase. FWaaS is billed as an affordable monthly operational expense, much like an electric bill. What’s more, additional features to the security appliance—such as Global Management System and DPI-SSL—are readily available with all of our Dell SonicWALL next generation firewalls.
Global Management System: While organizations need an array of techniques to combat blended attacks, managing multiple, separate security tools can be overwhelming, inefficient and expensive. Unified Threat Management (UTM) is the best security approach for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), bringing a new level of efficiency to the security field. Global Management System is Dell SonicWALL’s effective approach to UTM. Learn more about GMS here.
DPI-SSL: One of the most pressing problems for business organizations today is the threat of attack or malware hidden behind ENCRYPTION. Unfortunately (and this is something IT security providers don’t like to talk about), a traditional firewall cannot inspect encrypted traffic. That’s right, while more and more websites move towards encryption, the majority of networks today remain completely unprotected. Cyber-criminals know this and are focusing their efforts on hiding their exploits behind encryption in order to infiltrate corporate networks.
DPI-SSL changed the game by actually allowing Dell SonicWALL next generation firewalls to inspect encrypted data packets. This means business networks with DPI-SSL enabled are protected against threats behind both encrypted and non-encrypted channels. More importantly, while protection like this was once a very expensive investment, it’s now an affordable option as part of Data-Tech’s FWaaS package.
You can learn more about DPI-SSL here.
Learn how to protect against the dreaded CryptoWall and CryptoLocker Viruses here.
Benefits of FWaaS
- Scalability: As a company grows, bandwidth requirements increase. When necessary bandwidth exceeds the firewall throughput, the firewall must be replaced. Not so with FWaaS. Bandwidth can very easily be scaled up or down depending on the company’s needs at any given time.
- 24/7 Availability: Firewalls have to be fully functional at any given time to be effective. An on-premise firewall is at the mercy of the existing IT infrastructure, which in many cases is subpar. Through FWaaS, availability is not an issue, thanks to Data-Tech’s privately owned contemporary data center which ensures maximum availability.
- Budget Predictability: IT security becomes a predictable operational expense, eliminating the substantial capital investments of the past.
- Licensing: It’s no secret that license renewals are a big nuisance. Licenses must be renewed every year or so, with costs increasing annually. Through FWaaS, monthly costs are fixed and Data-Tech takes care of those pesky renewals.
- Constant Monitoring: New threats, and therefore new security patches to address those threats, are introduced all the time. If a patch isn’t installed and a firewall isn’t updated consistently, it loses effectiveness and exposes the network to attack. Through FWaaS, managers can rest easy, knowing that Data-Tech’s experts consistently monitor and update their firewalls (included as part of the FWaaS package) to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Expertise: Data-Tech’s engineers undergo extensive training and certification to specifically manage Dell SonicWALL firewalls. This is their specialty.
- Reporting: FWaaS provides customers with detailed insights into the activity on any given network. This includes details on how threats were introduced to the network, potential weaknesses in the network and bandwidth and web usage, targeted as deeply as an individual user.
- DPI-SSL: More important today than ever before, a firewall must be equipped to inspect encrypted traffic—otherwise the network is grossly exposed. DPI-SSL is a standard feature as part of Data-Tech’s FWaaS offering.
- Simply the Best: Data-Tech takes great care in selecting respected industry leaders to partner with. Dell SonicWALL simply provides the absolute highest level of IT security for Data-Tech’s valued customers.
- Peace of Mind: By now, this should be self-explanatory.
Contact Data-Tech today to speak to a friendly representative who can answer any further questions you may have.